See Foodshed for materials on sustainability and innovation through the food that we grow, eat, and waste, suitable for any academic course.
These materials support the inclusion of resilience into academic courses at the University of Georgia.Open Onedrive Folder
- Sustainability and Liberal Education: Partners by Nature, Weissman, Fall 2012, Vol. 98, No. 4, Liberal Education.
- Cortese, Anthony D. "Education for Sustainability: The University as a Model of Sustainability," 1999
- Climate Literacy – The essential Principles of Climate Sciences, NASA
- "Sustainability as an Organizing Principle for Higher Education." Dr. Tom Kelly, The Sustainable Learning Community, Aber, Kelly and Mallory, University of New Hampshire Press, 2009.
- Articles by Michael Pollen on the food system
- "What is Sustainability, Anyway?" Thomas Prugh and Erik Assadourian, World Watch Magazine, September/October 2003. (PDF)
- The Bottleneck, from, "The Future of Life," E. O. Wilson, 2002. (PDF)
- The Trouble of Discounting Tomorrow; S. Levine
- Beyond Limits; Confronting Global Collapse, Envisioning a Sustainable Future. Meadows, Donella, Denis Meadows and Jorgen Rangers. Chelsea Green Publishing Co.
- A Roadmap for Natural Capitalism, Lovins, Lovins, and Hawken, Harvard Business Review. (PDF)
- American College and University President’s Climate Commitment – the commitment.
- Cool Campus! (PDF)A How-To Guide for College and University Climate Action Planning (PDF)
- Climate Action Planning: A Review of Best Practices, Key Elements, and Common Climate Strategies (October 2010)
- Cradle to Cradle
- Capitalism vs. the Climate – by Naomi Klein
- Merchants of Doubt – by Naomi Oreskes