Fraternities and Sororities
GREEK GOES GREEN AT UGA
Greek goes green at uga!
Through a partnership with UGA Greek Life, Interfraternity Council (IFC), and Panhellenic Council, Greek Goes Green leverages passion and commitment in the Greek community to reduce waste and create an increasingly sustainable campus and community.
Congratulations to UGA’s Official Green Chapters 2018-2019
- Delta Phi Epsilon
- Pi Beta Phi
- Sigma Delta Tau
- Sigma Kappa
- Theta Chi
- Zeta Tau Alpha
“Greek Goes Green’s importance can’t be emphasized enough, it is such important cause for our campus and for our Earth 🙂
It’s the everyday little things that make a difference in this big world of ours — today and everyday I drink from a reusable water bottle and ride the bus.”
- Alpha Epsilon Pi: Ryan Bruckman
- Alpha Gamma Rho: Isaac Arriaga
- Alpha Tau Omega: Ryan Stocks
- Beta Theta Pi: Will Adams
- Beta Upsilon Chi: Jake Blaydes
- Chi Psi: Michael Bilyy
- Delta Tau Delta: Joseph Wargo
- Kappa Alpha Order: Robert Spratlin
- Lambda Chi Alpha: Spencer Hardin
- Phi Gamma Delta: Andrew Sackellares
- Phi Kappa Tau: Jackson Willis
- Pi Kappa Phi: Lucas Hildebrandt
- Sigma Chi: John Sanders, Qise Ibrahim
- Sigma Nu: Shane Gallagher
- Sigma Phi Epsilon: Griffin Ingraham
- Theta Chi: Parker Henry
- Alpha Chi Omega: Ellie Cash
- Alpha Delta Pi: Juliet Eden
- Alpha Gamma Delta: Madison Monroe
- Chi Omega: Rose Engel
- Delta Delta Delta: Gabrielle Gravel
- Delta Gamma: Grace Peoples
- Delta Phi Epsilon: Abbie Mitchell
- Delta Zeta: Sarah Lopez
- Gamma Sigma Sigma: Jaiko Cella, Daria Chryssochoos
- Kappa Alpha Theta: Taylor Champlin
- Kappa Kappa Gamma: Abby Clement, Ginny Lane Sheridan
- Pi Beta Phi: Caroline Long
- Phi Mu: Sammie Horne, Anna Houser
- Sigma Delta Tau: Richelle Matarrazzo
- Sigma Kappa: Taylor Powell
- Zeta Tau Alpha: Kenly King
GOAL 1: LEADERSHIP
- Provide a positive example to others in the UGA and Athens community by incorporating social, environmental and economic sustainability practices into daily life.
- Appoint a student Sustainability Coordinator in each fraternity and sorority at UGA.
GOAL 2: WASTE REDUCTION
- Achieve and maintain compliance with ACC’s Commercial Recycling Ordinance in all Greek Life houses, both on and off-campus.
- Reduce landfilled waste from Greek Life houses and events by 65% by 2020.
GOAL 3: SAFE MOBILITY
- Watch out for Dawgs!
- Encourage the use of alternative transportation such as walking, biking, transit, and carpooling by members and visitors.
GOAL 4: ENERGY & WATER CONSERVATION
- Reduce energy use by 25% and water use by 40% by 2020 through infrastructure improvements and behavioral changes in Greek Life houses.