We energize our bodies when we eat, drink, sleep, and visit the doctor. These are the basic needs that allow us to function from day to day. These links will help you understand the role that food plays in your body.
- University Health Center Nutrition Services: Information on nutrition, healthy eating habits, dietary concerns and guide to setting nutritional goals.
- Choose My Plate: Current dietary guidelines as approved by the USDA. Includes general nutrition information, tips to eating healthy on a budget, recipes, and information concerning caffeine, cholesterol, and fats.
- Student-friendly Recipes: Easy-to-make and healthy recipes categorized by dish type, including vegan, gluten free, and vegetarian dishes.
- USDA Vegetable Tips: Tips on how to incorporate more veggies into your meals.
- Foodtalk.org: Ideas and resources to learn more about eating healthy, tasty foods on a budget
- $5 Cooking Classes from the University Health Center: Classes offered throughout the semester.
- UGA Dining Services Nutrition: Offers insight on eating healthy in the dining halls, including special diets, the “build-your-plate” app, and nutrition education options.
- Supercook.com: A recipe search engine that helps you find recipes based on ingredients you have at home.
We activate our bodies and minds at school, work, in our hobbies and activities, exercise, social interaction, leadership, and community involvement. These links will help you stay active in our community!
- UGA Oconee Forest Park: 60 acre natural area nestled behind the Intramural Fields of the University of Georgia in Athens, GA. Oconee Forest Park offers recreational, educational, and research opportunities for the University and Athens community, while preserving its 100-year-old forest.
- State Botanical Garden of Georgia: Enjoy ornamental gardens, stroll along the trails, take an educational program, or attend and event. There’s much to do, much to see and many reasons to come but when all is said and done, we really are all about inspiring, engaging and advocating for plants and the environment.
- North Oconee River Greenway: 3.5 mile multi-use trail & conservation areas connecting Sandy Creek Nature Center & Dudley Park. Open Sunrise to Sunset.
- Skate Park of Athens (SPOA): Get rad at Athens’ concrete skate park featuring bowls, ramps, a clamshell and street course.
- Mountain Bike Trails in Athens: A list of trail rides in and around Athens curated by the Southern Off-Road Bicycle Association.
- Walkgeorgia.org: UGA Extension site offering resources for parks, recreation, exercise facilities, and fitness tips. Create an account for free to begin logging exercise, or simply navigate to the resources page.
- Athens-Clarke County Parks & Facilities: List of recreation facilities including pools, parks, campsites, playgrounds, walking paths, and more.
- Athens-Clarke County Get Fit Guide: Guide including information on general fitness, flexibility, and team sports activities, as well as walking trails and parks.
- Ramsey Student Center Facilities: Visit Ramsey to play badminton, basketball, volleyball, do cardio/weight training, rock wall climbing, go swimming, and more! Available to all students registered for 12+ hours.
- Ramsey Student Center Wellness: Meet with Nationally Certified Fitness Instructors or Personal Trainers to plan your fitness routine.
- Ramsey Student Center Fitness Classes: Classes include BODYPUMP™, Yoga, Cycling, Zumba, ViPR™, QuickFit, Kickboxing, Deep Water Fitness, all available for a per-semester fee.
When we reflect, we notice how our activities affect our emotional and mental wellbeing, and conversely, how our emotional and mental states affect our ability to engage with our surroundings. These links will help you reflect on what is important.
- Free Yoga for Stress Relief: Located in Tate Student Center room 473 every Tuesday from 12:30pm–1:30pm. Instructed by Alice Huff, CAPS Therapist and certified Yoga instructor. Free to all UGA students.
- Stress & Anxiety Workshop: Learn to understand anxiety, calm your body, calm your mind, and create a lifestyle for managing stress. Workshops held every Monday in Ramsey Student Center classroom 213 from 12:30pm–1:30pm. Free to all UGA students.
- Student Care & Outreach: A department of UGA Student Affairs that assists students with University Hardship Withdrawals, advocates for students experiencing difficult circumstances and support faculty who are working with these students, provides outreach initiatives to promote a safer, healthier, and more successful campus community, and more.
- Multicultural Services & Programs: Works to create an inclusive campus environment by supporting the development and affirming the overall experiences of all students, particularly multicultural students.
- LGBT Resource Center: Offers a space in which all members of the University of Georgia community can engage and explore issues associated with sexual and gender identities. Programs and resources include the “Safe Space” training program, LGBTQRC Library, student lounge, and more.
- UGA Work / Life Balance: For concerns ranging from workplace stress to caring for a young child or other family members, UGA Work Life Balance provides UGA employees with a wide variety of resources to help integrate work and life responsibilities.
- Be Well UGA: Free wellness and prevention classes hosted by the University Health Center. Check out all the amazing classes and services geared towards helping UGA students thrive physically, mentally, and socially.