- Sustainability and Liberal Education: Partners by Nature, Weissman, Fall 2012, Vol. 98, No. 4, Liberal Education.
- Cortese, Anthony D. “Education for Sustainability: The University as a Model of Sustainability,” 1999
- Climate Literacy – The essential Principles of Climate Sciences, NASA
- “Sustainability as an Organizing Principle for Higher Education.” Dr. Tom Kelly, The Sustainable Learning Community, Aber, Kelly and Mallory, University of New Hampshire Press, 2009.
- Articles by Michael Pollen on the food system
- “What is Sustainability, Anyway?” Thomas Prugh and Erik Assadourian, World Watch Magazine, September/October 2003.
- The Bottleneck, from, “The Future of Life,” E. O. Wilson, 2002.
- The Trouble of Discounting Tomorrow; S. Levine
- Beyond Limits; Confronting Global Collapse, Envisioning a Sustainable Future. Meadows, Donella, Denis Meadows and Jorgen Rangers. Chelsea Green Publishing Co.
- A Roadmap for Natural Capitalism, Lovins, Lovins, and Hawken, Harvard Business Review.
- American College and University President’s Climate Commitment – the commitment.
- Cool Campus! A How-To Guide for College and University Climate Action Planning
- Climate Action Planning: A Review of Best Practices, Key Elements, and Common Climate Strategies (October 2010)
- Cradle to Cradle
- Capitalism vs. the Climate – by Naomi Klein
- Merchants of Doubt – by Naomi Oreskes
Sustainability in the Arts
- The Field Guide to Sustainability
- Global Footprint Network
- Ecological Footprint
- Climate Change Calculator
- Energyville, from Chevron and the Economist Group
- Carbon Calculator, from Conservation International
- Measure Your Eco-Footprint, from Conservation International
- Fishbanks: A Renewable Resource Management Simulation
- The Great Green, by the Union of Concerned Scientists
- mysusthouse, by Architecture and Design Scotland (A+DS)
- Sustainability Games by Novo Nordisk
- Electrocity by Genesis Energy
- 3rd World Farmer