Featured Sustainability Research
University-Wide Centers and Programs
Faculty sustainability research at UGA is supported by numerous centers and initiatives with areas of inquiry as diverse as discovering new sources of energy, mitigating environmental impacts of human activity, enhancing agricultural practices, managing and mitigating climate change, and eliminating obesity.
- New Materials Institute
- Center for Community Design and Preservation
- Center for Integrative Conservation Research (CICR)
- Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health
- Georgia Center for Urban Agriculture
- Georgia Institute for Climate and Society (GICS)
- Ideas for Creative Exploration (ICE)
- Institute for Resilient Infrastructure Systems (IRIS)
- Marine Institute Sapelo
- The Obesity Initiative
- One Health
- River Basin Center
- Watershed UGA
Students are encouraged to engage in sustainability research through the Sustainability Grants program and through the Center for Undergraduate Research Opportunities (CURO).
Sustainability Science Symposium
The Sustainability Science Symposium, hosted by the Center for Integrative Conservation Research, showcases the wealth of sustainability initiatives at UGA in research, instruction, and public service and outreach, and facilitates cross-disciplinary networking among faculty, staff, students, and community members.