Ambassadors grow and lead beyond their academic curriculum
Sustainability Certificate Ambassadors engage faculty, students and alumni, build community within the program, mentor other students, lead events and activities, and promote personal and professional opportunities.
Certificate student representatives chosen before the Fall semester each year serve as leaders, ambassadors, and peer mentors for the program. Students commit to 10-15 hours per semester and receive group programming/professional development, mentoring and leadership experience, and connection to a small group of like-minded students.
- Attend a kick-off event prior to the start of the semester and meet monthly as a group (virtually or in-person).
- Organize at least 2 Sustainability Certificate events to build community within the program. These can be a service activities, a social events, or professional development opportunities.
- Provide one on one peer mentoring for Sustainability Certificate Students.
- Write one short reflection for the Sustainability Certificate Newsletter.
- Support outreach and recruitment efforts by representing the Sustainability Certificate at events, and classes including assisting with fall and spring orientation events.
- Provide student feedback to the Certificate Program staff and director.
Term of Service
Student Ambassadors must commit to at least one semester of service, though a full academic year is ideal. Students may re-apply to the program each year.
Students are selected based on passion and interest, academic records, interpersonal skills, and dependability.
- Have been enrolled in the Certificate for at least one year and have taken an Anchor and 1 semester of the Seminar course.
- Show a strong commitment to the Certificate and sustainability.
Apply to be a Sustainability Certificate Ambassador
Applications are due April 22, 2022 and applicants will be notified by May 10,2022.